Saturday, July 11, 2009

First Reflections from Rev. Patrick V.

Shirts and shorts had been stuffed in a drawer. The beds were made up, and Nathan and I had laid down to read and rest after a long trip to Maine (Before I continue, here’s a question for you: Do any states between New Jersey and Maine offer drivers’ ed.? I doubt it.)

So there we are, sitting quietly and peacefully. I was reviewing the evening’s activities, and my son was engrossed in a book.

Suddenly, the door burst open, and Sarah and Taylor marched in with smiles and laughter. Shocked, they exclaimed, “We’re sorry. We didn’t think anyone was here yet!”

They handed over two orange copies of the week’s itinerary, and we all enjoyed a hearty laugh.

It was the first of what I think will be many surprises, many smiles, and much laughter.

Thank you for your generosity. You made this mission trip possible, and the blessings are already flowing.

No comments:

Post a Comment